Is it too early for pumpkin desserts? Today I opened up the first can of pumpkin this season. I wasn’t sure at first if I was quite ready for pumpkin season yet, but after a bite of one of these delicious donuts, I had no regrets. I have tried so many donut recipes that promise light and fluffy baked donuts but a lot of them ended up super dense and more like a hockey puck than a real donut. I found pumpkin recipes to be the worst ones because the pumpkin is so dense that the donuts would never be light and airy enough. I’ve found a solution to that problem with these donuts!
Pumpkin Pie Baked Donuts
Servings: 6-8 donuts
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Additional 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons milk of choice
- cinnamom sugar for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a donut pan and set aside.
- Combine apple cider vinegar and milk and set aside.
- Combine canned pumpkin and melted coconut oil. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, and brown sugar and stir combine. Add milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and combine.
- Beat egg white in a separate bowl until soft peaks are formed. Fold into pumpkin mixture, taking care not to overmix.
- Transfer to donut pan and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Once cooled, mix together powdered sugar and additional cinnamon. Add milk, one teaspoon at a time until you form a glaze. Drizzle over donuts and add cinnamon sugar if desired.
2 Replies to “Pumpkin Pie Baked Donuts”
These look wonderful! Your photos are beautiful 🙂
Thank you!! You’re so sweet!